COVID-19 Update – May 18, 2020
We hope this message finds you and your loved ones healthy and safe during these unprecedented times. Over the last couple of months our team at CourseCo has been focused on the safety and well-being of our employees, guests and surrounding communities. We are both proud and encouraged by the dedication and the exemplary efforts of our golf course facilities as they work tirelessly to deliver a safe and enjoyable experience to our guests.
As we monitor the ever-changing environment, our teams are committed to implementing the most stringent social distancing protocols and sanitation practices. Our team will continually monitor the situation and work with local health officials, industry professionals and government agencies to implement the most up to date mandates, recommendations and practices. Though we have limited services right now we are happy to have welcomed the majority of our employees back to work and are busy providing golf as an outdoor exercise and activity option. While focused today on providing the safest possible experience we are also looking forward to the day when all of our employees can return safely and provide the full range of services and experience our guests have been accustomed to over the years.
We thank you for your support and understanding during these times. Please continue to check the CourseCo website for the latest updates and information on this ever-evolving situation and please continue to be safe and healthy.
COVID-19 Update – March 31, 2020
These have been trying times for all of us and within our little world of golf we have been working non-stop to ensure our employees, guests and golf courses are all taken care of to the best of our abilities. The question I am personally getting the most right now is “Why are some golf courses open and others are closed?” with a close second “Do you think golf courses should be open?” At CourseCo our Executive Team has discussed this at length and I personally have spent time a lot of time thinking about this topic. While the answer is not easy here is where we are today –
• Given the correct, very stringent, health and safety protocols we believe golf can provide an excellent outdoor activity
• Golf courses remaining open supports hundreds of thousands of jobs across the county and given today’s work environment this is a positive
• At courses that remain open the overall support from golfers has been outstanding
• At courses that remain open the golfers have been very supportive of restrictions and new protocols put into place for health and safety reasons
• The options for outdoor activities that can reasonably accommodate social distancing is limited – but golf is one that can
In summary, while we respect and adhere to the directions of our local Health Departments and other government agencies, we do believe golf can play an important role as we navigate our way through this pandemic. As a company, we will continue to work with all relevant experts and support our communities the best that we can. In the meantime, we will remain open where allowed and closed where mandated and look forward to returning to normal operations when allowed to do so.
COVID-19 Update – March 17, 2020
As we have progressed through the last several weeks our commitment to the health and safety of our guests and employees continues to be our number one priority at all of our locations. We have established a crisis management team which is 100% dedicated to ensuring we are at the forefront of what is happening and ensuring we are adjusting correctly as the situation is quickly evolving.
Where we are today:
- Eleven of our golf courses are in mandatory shelter-in-place Counties and we have fully closed these facilities. In compliance with the order we have reduced staff to only those critical for care and security of the properties. The status of these courses has been posted to their individual websites and social media platforms.
- Three of our golf courses have closed the restaurants completely in compliance with County mandates. They are otherwise open for golfers following local health department guidelines.
- Five of our golf courses have reduced food & beverage service and only To-Go orders are available. An additional 11 locations will be implementing this standard as of March 18th. The golf portion of these facilities are currently scheduled to remain open, again following local health department guidelines.
- All of our facilities that remain either fully or partially open have implemented significant increases in cleaning and sanitary standards including employee training. We are taking extreme measures to reduce the spread of germs. These increased standards include but not limited to:
- All employees are to wash their hands a minimum of 4 to 6 times per shift with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Provide hand sanitizer at all point of sale counters for both the employees and customers.
- Continue to remind employees to avoid touching their eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Disinfect all working surfaces a minimum of one time per day with industrial level disinfectant.
- Restaurant seating reduced to 50% of capacity.
- All tables and chairs in restaurants to be wiped down with a disinfectant wipe after each use before being given to a new customer.
- All door handles to be wiped with disinfectant a minimum of 1 time per hour.
- All rental club grips to be wiped down with a disinfectant wipe upon being returned.
- All steering wheels and seats on golf carts to be wiped down with a disinfectant wipe upon being returned.
- All range balls must be washed with soap and water between uses.
- All range ball baskets to be wiped down with disinfectant between uses.
- We have developed an employee portal/website for employees impacted by the reduction of operations or temporary closures to quickly get them connected with available resources.
In addition, we continue to support out staff to stay home if they or anyone in their home feels ill.
We will continue to monitor this situation as it evolves and will update this message as appropriate. We look forward to the day when we are able to bring back our employees, guests and community to our facilities and providing a great place to work and play.
COVID-19 Update - March 9, 2020
At CourseCo we always put the health and safety of our guests and employees first at all 38 of our golf courses under management. Our management team has been closely monitoring the developments in the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) over the past several weeks as it continues to evolve. This monitoring has included communication with medical professionals and monitoring updates and information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Our dedicated team currently meets once a day to review updates and determine if any action is necessary. As of today none of our locations have experienced any occurrences that required any action.
In addition to monitoring everything closely we have conducted training with our staff members that includes:
- Hand washing 4 to 6 times per shift with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- We are providing hand sanitizer at all point of sale counters for both employees and customers
- Reminders to avoid touching eyes, nose, mouth or face
- Increased cleaning of all working surfaces including a full disinfectant application a minimum of one time per day
We are also supporting our staff to stay home if they or anyone in their home feels ill.
We will continue to monitor this situation as it evolves and will update this message as appropriate.