COVID-19 Update: Statement from CourseCo (3/17/2020)
March 17, 2020
As we have progressed through the last several weeks our commitment to the health and safety of our guests and employees continues to be our number one priority at all of our locations. We have established a crisis management team which is 100% dedicated to ensuring we are at the forefront of what is happening and ensuring we are adjusting correctly as the situation is quickly evolving.
Where we are today:
- Eleven of our golf courses are in mandatory shelter-in-place Counties and we have fully closed these facilities. In compliance with the order we have reduced staff to only those critical for care and security of the properties. The status of these courses has been posted to their individual websites and social media platforms.
- Three of our golf courses have closed the restaurants completely in compliance with County mandates. They are otherwise open for golfers following local health department guidelines.
- Five of our golf courses have reduced food & beverage service and only To-Go orders are available. An additional 11 locations will be implementing this standard as of March 18th. The golf portion of these facilities are currently scheduled to remain open, again following local health department guidelines.
- All of our facilities that remain either fully or partially open have implemented significant increases in cleaning and sanitary standards including employee training. We are taking extreme measures to reduce the spread of germs. These increased standards include but not limited to:
- All employees are to wash their hands a minimum of 4 to 6 times per shift with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Provide hand sanitizer at all point of sale counters for both the employees and customers.
- Continue to remind employees to avoid touching their eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Disinfect all working surfaces a minimum of one time per day with industrial level disinfectant.
- Restaurant seating reduced to 50% of capacity.
- All tables and chairs in restaurants to be wiped down with a disinfectant wipe after each use before being given to a new customer.
- All door handles to be wiped with disinfectant a minimum of 1 time per hour.
- All rental club grips to be wiped down with a disinfectant wipe upon being returned.
- All steering wheels and seats on golf carts to be wiped down with a disinfectant wipe upon being returned.
- All range balls must be washed with soap and water between uses.
- All range ball baskets to be wiped down with disinfectant between uses.
- We have developed an employee portal/website for employees impacted by the reduction of operations or temporary closures to quickly get them connected with available resources.
In addition, we continue to support out staff to stay home if they or anyone in their home feels ill.
We will continue to monitor this situation as it evolves and will update this message as appropriate. We look forward to the day when we are able to bring back our employees, guests and community to our facilities and providing a great place to work and play.